Monday, July 23, 2012

38 week update

Sorry I have been such a bad blogger! I'll try to fill you in on all that's happened.
We decided on a name -- Avery Clara Estes. Avery is a name that Gentry picked out a while ago as his No. 1 choice, and I've grown to love it. Clara is the first name of Gentry's maternal grandmother who passed away at the end of November last year. Gentry likes that her initials will be ACE, since he's big on tennis.
The super huge news is that I have a scheduled c-section for Tuesday, July 31. That's because she's still breech, despite me doing some pretty crazy things to get her to turn. It's taken me a little while to make peace with the fact that I won't be having a natural birth, but I'm sure it will all turn out fine. And, she could still turn between now and then. The thing I like the least about the c-section is having someone besides her dictate her birthday. What if naturally, she would have come on Aug. 4? That means she would have had almost an extra week to develop more. But, I guess I have to trust the doctors.
At my 38 week appointment last Thursday, they told me I was 2-3 cm dilated and 80 percent effaced. I'm hoping I don't go into labor naturally between now and the 31st, since that would mean an emergency c-section and be rushed. My last doctor's appointment is this Friday, and immediately after that I have my pre-op appointment at the hospital.
I finally finished the nursery on Sunday. It looks really good, and I plan to post a video here soon showing you all what it looks like.
Until then, here's a picture of me at 38 weeks. I forgot to take one at 37 weeks (oops).

No comments:

Post a Comment