Saturday, March 17, 2012

It's a girl! 20 weeks - halfway there!

We found out Thursday at the ultrasound that we're having a girl! Just as both of us thought. Baby was moving around at first, but then when the technician went to take pictures, she turned toward my back and put her hand over her face to hide. Here's some of the 3D pics (warning -- they're a bit alien like, but they show so much more than the regular ultrasound ones.

A shot of her hiding
A shot of her hand.
A shot of her telling us not to bother with taking her picture :)
Here's what the regular ultrasound photo looked like
They told us she weighs about 12 ounces. The average weight at this stage is 10 1/2 ounces. The doctor told us everything with the ultrasound looked healthy, so we were grateful to hear that. My blood pressure was low, so they put me on some iron supplements. I've also gained 12 pounds, which they said is a little too much at this point. I should only gain between 20-25 pounds during the whole pregnancy, so I've already packed on half the pounds already. Maybe eating so much at Chick-fil-a and getting ice cream during work aren't such good ideas. I still haven't felt the baby move, but the doctor said for first time moms that usually begins around 25 weeks.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard that between 25 and 35 lbs to gain is fine. Are you working out at all? That can help with burn off the ice cream calories and baby loves it! :)

    ReplyDelete